Law Enforcement and Services Delivery Models
Municipal Resource Group has experience assisting local governments in addressing a wide range of issues associated with the provision of law enforcement services. Projects include consolidation of service studies, contracting for service vs. in-house services, cost containment and allocation of resources, inter-agency contract services, and development of stand-alone law enforcement services.
Our experienced professionals include former police chiefs, deputy sheriffs and law enforcement personnel. We have extensive experience serving cities, counties and specialty districts in management and leadership positions. We are experienced in addressing Pitchess motion issues for agencies. Our law enforcement consultants have broad personal experience: one has served as a City Police Chief and County Chief Deputy; another is a former Police Chief and attorney.
Municipal Resource Group also has consultants with emergency communications and central dispatch service experience. Their expertise includes development of multi-county joint communications systems; design, construction and implementation of communications systems; and creation of multi-agency dispatch centers—from design through implementation, with award-winning results.
Relevant projects include:
- Conducting an operational review and development of recommendations for restructuring a City-County law enforcement agreement, resulting in identification and implementation of over $1.0m in contract service cost reductions.
- Conducting a study for a City-County law enforcement service consolidation, including analysis of current organizational configurations, cost of services and potential service improvements.
- Conducting a service consolidation study for two adjacent Bay Area cities of comparable size and demographics. The study included reviewing service configurations, current service costs, compatibility of operations; development of a joint service model and identification of consolidation issues.
- Conducting an analysis of contract for service benefits and potential modifications to the service agreement for a County-City law enforcement contract, including alternative (in-house and alternative contract city provider options) as well as participating in the development and analysis of current and potential revenue streams to support the City’s law enforcement activities.
- Conducting a technical, operational and implementation study for a large Bay Area Police Department’s overtime operations and automated management system.
Recent projects include:
- City of Rancho Cordova-Sacramento County contract services analysis and recommendations.
- Cities of Millbrae and San Bruno law enforcement consolidation study.
- City of Hollister-San Benito County consolidation study and recommendations.
- City of Richmond Police Overtime Management Project.
- City of Lathrop-San Joaquin County services analysis and alternate service delivery recommendations.