Municipal Resource Group consultants provide a complete range of library services to our clients. Services include options for library service design, organization and implementation; analysis and recommendations for funding and governance options; organizational assessments; needs assessments; and library board training and development.
Recent and current relevant projects include:
- An update to the California State Library publication California Public Library Organization, outlining governance and funding options for public libraries in California.
- An analysis of the impact of the recession on public library operations in California, for the California State Library.
- Organizational analysis and extensive recommendations for the effectiveness of services provided by the Richmond Public Library.
- Evaluation of service and organizational alternatives for library services in Truckee, prepared on behalf of the Friends of the Truckee Library.
- Development of a new member library contribution formula for the Pacific Library Partnership, a multi-type library consortium in the Bay Area.
- Analysis of operations and development of new funding models for regional shared library ILS systems and consortial services, for the Peninsula Library Automated Network and the Black Gold Cooperative Library System.
- Analysis and development of options for library services in Imperial County.