Human Resource Services
Our team of dedicated professionals regularly assists both large and small employers with the resolution of employment-related issues and problems, and with developing practices and procedures that enhance working relationships. From recruitment and classification to labor and employee relations issues, we have professional consultants available to assess each challenge, develop or update policies and procedures, and assist in resolving personnel-related issues and problems.
Our approach is to communicate carefully with each client before we begin any assignment. Gaining a full understanding of client needs and the relevant issues is paramount. The end result is professional, thorough and of the highest quality.
While we have consultant resources to assist with the administration of the full-range of human resource functions, our service-area specialized focus includes:
Workforce Asset Support, Advice and Implementation– Practical, hands-on analysis and resolution of the myriad of issues that impact California employers. Our goal is to identify realistic alternatives and creative solutions to problems, ranging from the basic to complex.
- Organizational Assessment – Department, division or organization-wide assessment, including identification and analysis of workplace climate, staffing, talent management and succession planning issues
- Organizational Redesign – Analysis and recommendations made at the department, division, and organizational level, including analysis of staffing levels, classification issues, labor relations implications and cost impacts
- Development and Implementation of Classification and Compensation Systems – Job analysis and preparation of classification specifications, establishment of pay ranges, and development and implementation of benefit structures
- Review, Audit and Development of Personnel Policies, Handbooks and Personnel Rules
- Development and Implementation of Performance Management Systems – Performance management procedures, guidelines, and structures; development of pay-for-performance systems; assistance with development of performance improvement plans and progressive disciplinary processes
- Employee Training and Development Programs – Development and presentation of formal and informal training programs targeted to address specific organizational needs, including leadership preparedness, supervisory skills, communications, writing skills, and customer service
- Labor Relations Support – Review of Memoranda of Understanding, organizational goals, and development of labor relations strategies; assistance with AB 646 preparation; closed session support; training for policy makers
- Recruitment and Selection Support – Full range of recruitment and selection services, including Executive-level searches, and support for Civil Service based organizations
- Reference and Background Checks – Comprehensive reference and background check support for executive, safety sensitive and other key positions
Services Specific to Elected Official and Chief Executives – Executive Performance Review and Goal Setting, Board Development and Strategic Planning, Confidential Conflict Resolution
- Executive-level Performance Evaluation – Annual performance evaluation and follow-up status evaluations for City Manager, Superintendent of Schools, City Attorney
- Coaching and support for Chief Executives
- Elected Officials – Board Self Evaluation and related workshops; development of Board Conduct expectations and related workshops and written materials
- Advice and guidance for elected officials concerning expectations, standards and chief executive transition planning
- 360 degree feedback for elected and appointed officials