Public Works and Development Services
Municipal Resource Group has experience in assisting local governments address an wide variety of challenges in providing quality public works services, financing those activities, managing complex projects and assuring organizational competency, efficiency and effectiveness.
Recent and current relevant engagements include:
Conducting organizational assessments for public works departments, engineering divisions and specialty operational teams by assessing the organizational strengths, areas of development opportunity, goals and objectives of the units and working directly with staff to define solutions and organizational goals to implement those solutions.
Conducting technical analyses in the areas of landscape maintenance, parking and transportation agency cost-effectiveness and organizational focus. These analyses cover a broad range of operational issues and often involve service providers, other public agencies and the conducting agency.
Organizational assessments and coaching, training for public works and engineering departments and divisions, including executive coaching and professional development.
Completing objective analyses of issues arising from outside agency interventions such as Grand Jury reports, grant funding requirement compliance and internal audit requirements.
Managing public improvement projects for public agencies to insure that the project is appropriately designed and cost-effectively constructed in a timely manner.
Recent client projects include:
- City of Orinda Engineering and Public Works staffing and operational analysis
- City of Los Altos Hills Engineering & Public Works Department staffing analysis
- City of Galt Landscape Maintenance and contracting options analysis
- City of Santa Rosa Parking Authority staffing analysis and reorganization plan
- Yuba County Grand Jury Building Permit Report analysis of findings, data review
- Executive coaching for Public Works executive and management team development in Yuba County Public Works Department
- Project management services for Solano County SolTrans transit agency